You’re going to love these easy, delicious halloumi corn bites!
Simply made in a muffin tin, just combine your ingredients and bake! They’re delicious warm or at room temperature and are perfect for a lunchtime snack, with drinks or even as a unique side for dinner!
Serve plain or with this quick avocado dip – which comes together in just a few minutes!
Halloumi Corn Bites: (makes 12; can be easily doubled)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces halloumi, grated
- 1 cup corn kernels – either frozen and thawed or cut from 2 ears of corn
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. Pour about 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil into 12 mini muffin tin wells – heat for 5 minutes.
While the oil is heating combine the halloumi, corn, egg, flour, baking powder, salt, lemon zest and chives in a medium bowl.
Remove the tin from the oven and evenly scoop the mixture into the wells. Bake till golden brown, about 10 – 12 minutes. Let cool in the tin for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
Scoop the avocado into a food processor and add the sour cream, lemon juice, parsley and garlic powder. Blend till smooth and serve with the bites.