These chili chicken tacos are hands-down the easiest dish you will ever make!
Just six ingredients (not counting salt, pepper or water) are needed, and as far as prep goes you just place everything into a Dutch oven, cover and bake!
You will not believe how satisfying and flavorful this dish is for such little effort. And while it’s obviously perfect for a busy weeknight, we think you’ll love it so much that you’ll be serving it on the regular!
Chili Chicken Tacos:
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (if you can only find bone-in and/or skin-on thighs simply remove before beginning)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 – 2 canned chipotle chilis, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- corn or flour tortillas
- fresh cilantro, shredded cheese, sour cream or salsa, to accompany
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees; line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a 5-quart Dutch oven, combine the chicken, garlic, salsa, chilis, chili powder, salt and pepper and 2 cups of water. Cover and bake for 2 hours. Remove the Dutch oven and raise the oven temperature to 425 degrees.
Transfer the chicken to a bowl and use two forks to shred.
Warm the tortillas for 10 – 20 seconds in the microwave, to make pliable. Place on your prepared baking sheet along with some of the shredded chicken and your desired accompaniments. Fold the tortillas over and press to adhere.
Bake for 5 minutes then flip and bake for an additional 5 – 8 minutes, or till tortillas are golden brown.
Serve with desired accompaniments.