If you’re looking for an easy, delicious recipe that has countless uses, look no further than these candied nuts!
The only “prep” is a quick toss of the nuts in egg whites, sugar and spices. Your oven does the rest of the work; all you need to do is give an occasional stir!
Here are our favorite ways to use these delicious nuts:
- Included in a festive cheese or charcuterie board
- Packed up in pretty jars or bags to give as a unique gift
- Placed in tiny bowls to serve with drinks at your next gathering
- A pretty and tasty garnish for cakes, pies or cupcakes
Once cooled, these nuts can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for several months – making them the perfect “do-ahead” recipe to get a jump on your holiday cooking and baking!
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 pound of your favorite nut – or a combination
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Use a fork or whisk to whisk the whites with 2 tablespoons of water till foamy. Add the nuts, stir to coat well and let sit for about 15 minutes.
Add the sugar, spices and salts to the nuts and stir till they are well coated. Spread in an even layer on your prepared baking sheet and bake for 45 – 60 minutes, till golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes.
Let cool completely, then store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 months.